Adding Zype to a Rails Application
At Zype, we use our Zype Gem to build fully branded video experiences on the web. Below is a step-by-step guide for how to integrate the Zype Gem into a Rails App.
1. Add the Zype Gem to your Gemfile and bundle.
2. Add your Zype Configurations to the initializers directory
You can find your api key from the Zype Platform
You can find your player key from the Zype Platform
4. Create a new instance of your Zype Client so that you can query the Zype Platform to get your videos, playlists, categories, zobjects, and appropriate video players from your Rails App.
5. Some things that you can do with your Zype Client that could be useful for a web app:
- Get all your videos
- Get a specific video
- Change pagination
- Sort (ex. sort by video title)
- Query by zobject type (example: genre)
- Query videos by category (example genre)
- Get the player for a video
6. Display the video player in your HTML view